Each new season brings with it the opportunity to embrace new self-care practises. If you’ve been unable to fill your cup during the long summer break, now is the perfect time to try something new.
I personally love getting outside in nature during the Autumn months. They are the perfect opportunity to get a dose of ‘Vitamin N’ without overheating in the process! But self-care is different for everyone – extroverts might prefer to meet with friends or host a movie night whereas introverts (like me) might prefer cosying up with a good book. The important thing is choosing an activity that replenishes you. And if you find it hard to get solo time away from the children, choosing healthy meal options such as seasonal soups also count as a form of self-care.
Whilst self-care can be a hot button topic for mothers especially, prioritising your self and also your health teaches your children the importance of taking care of your own body and mind. This is an important lesson for everyone to learn!
10 Autumn Themed Self-Care activities.
- Take a Nature Hike: Embrace the crisp autumn air and go for a leisurely hike in the woods.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch: Pick out your favourite pumpkin, carve it and decorate your home with it.
- Cosy Up with a Good Book: Get lost in a new novel while sipping on a hot cup of tea.
- Knit or wear chunky woollen knitwear: there’s nothing quite like changing into warm, woollen clothing on cold days!
- Create a cosy reading corner: add pillows, blankets and a basket full of favourite books
- Make Homemade Soup: Warm up from the inside out with a comforting bowl of homemade soup.
- Go for a Drive to See the Foliage: Take a scenic drive to enjoy the colourful autumn foliage.
- Host a Movie Night: Invite friends over for a cosy movie night and enjoy some snacks.
- Bake Autumn Treats: Get in the kitchen and bake your favourite autumn treats, such as apple crisp or pumpkin bread.
- Light Autumn scented candles: Unwind after a long day with a relaxing bath, complete with bath salts and candles.
Save this post to your Pinterest Page