Autumn is the perfect time to try new activities or start some family traditions.
One of our favourite traditions each Autumn is to visit the local pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins for display and baking.
Whilst a lot of Autumn traditions are derided as ‘basic’, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with apple picking, eating pumpkin pie and carving pumpkins!
Remember, annual traditions are where the memories are made. The activities you do now – no matter how ‘traditional’ or simple – are the ones that will be remembered (and even passed down) in the years to come.
21 Big and Small Activities to try this Autumn
- Apple picking: Head to a local orchard and pick your own apples for pies, cider, and more.
- Hayride: Take a scenic hayride through the countryside for a fun and relaxed activity.
- Fall festival: Attend a local fall festival for food, games, and live entertainment.
- Hiking: Explore the great outdoors and enjoy the colourful autumn foliage on a hike.
- Pumpkin picking: Visit a pumpkin patch and choose the perfect pumpkin for carving or baking.
- Bonfire: Gather around a warm bonfire and make s’mores, tell stories, and enjoy each other’s company.
- Leaf peeping: Take a scenic drive or bike ride to see the brilliant fall colours.
- Corn maze: Get lost in a corn maze and enjoy a fun challenge as a family.
- Bake autumn treats: Try making apple pies, pumpkin bread, or cinnamon rolls for a delicious treat.
- Football game: Attend a high school, college, or professional football game for a fun day out.
- Farmer’s market: Visit a farmer’s market and buy fresh produce and goods for autumn meals.
- Fall cleaning: Tackle a big cleaning project, such as organising the garage or decluttering the attic.
- Canning: Preserve the autumn harvest by canning or pickling fruits and vegetables.
- Carving pumpkins: Get creative and carve pumpkins with intricate designs or silly faces.
- Photography: Take autumn photos of the colourful landscapes, wildlife, and family.
- Volunteer: Give back by volunteering as a family, such as at a local food bank or park.
- Fall craft: Make autumn-themed crafts, such as wreaths, garlands, or ornaments.
- Movie marathon: Snuggle up with blankets and hot drinks for a day of movie watching.
- Campfire: Build a campfire and roast marshmallows for a fun and cosy night.
- Scavenger hunt: Create a scavenger hunt that takes you through the autumn landscapes.
- Hot air balloon ride: Take to the skies for a unique and breathtaking view of the autumn scenery.
Like it? Pin it!